Vancouver Islanders love Lucky Lager
If you were born on Vancouver Island you probably know of the beer Lucky Lager (perhaps more than others!). Here are some interesting (and SURPRISING) facts on Lucky Lager!
- It was originally made by General Brewing Company, located in San Francisco, California (in 1934)
- This company become the Lucky Lager Brewing Company in 1948.
- Historically, all the breweries for Lucky Lager have been in the U.S
- It is only available in selected areas. This includes most of Southern British Columbia
- It has an extremely dedicated following on Vancouver Island - notably, Ucluelet, Chemainus, Comox, Courtenay, Cumberland, Port Hardy, Port McNeill, Port Alberni and Sooke. (I can vouche for Ladysmith and Nanaimo being included in this list also)
You can read the entire Wiki article HERE